Sunday, July 14, 2013

We're Not Young Anymore



"It's alright to do things the way you want. There is no map to life, no blueprints to survival, you can create your world day by day if you have a clear vision and an unwillingness to give up." - John O'Callaghan

Sometimes I wonder why I think the way I think. Why is it that when other people take life so seriously, here I am wanting to have fun? I want to go out, meet new people, spend money on clothes, travel and just live life a little. 

Whenever I describe these thoughts to a family or a friend who are much older, they always tell me that it's because I'm young that's why I think that way. But when the time comes, my thoughts will alter and I'll start to take things more seriously. For awhile I kind of believe that. I mean it does make sense. But a friend once told me, "Technically, we're not young anymore." And that just hits me. At 25 we really are not young anymore. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we tend to look at other people on how we should live our life. Maybe because it's more proper or socially acceptable. But doing things that makes you happy is not wrong at all and it doesn't matter how old you are. What others have done at a certain age doesn't mean you have to do the same. It's your life not theirs. And if there is one thing I believe in is that you have to do the things you love and make sure do it more often.

image via