Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Make It Pop





Summer is easily the best time of year to experiment with makeup. We all have a little more natural color in our complexions, and that’s a good enough excuse for me to liven up my beauty routine.

While I normally stick to plain ‘ol black eyeliner, I took a chance with trying bright colors on my lips and lids and fell in love! Stila’s new Innovative Countless Color Pigments features a blend of shades in this punchy compact. With so many ways to apply, it’s like four products in one. Some days I’ll blend the colors together for a shimmery wash on my lids, and other times I highlight my eyes using just one color. This eye shadow brings a much-needed pop to my makeup bag. 

While I normally stick to plain ‘ol black eyeliner, I took a chance with trying bright colors on my lips and lids and fell in love! Stila’s new InnovativeCountless Color Pigments features a blend of shades in this punchy compact. With so many ways to apply, it’s like four products in one. Some days I’ll blend the colors together for a shimmery wash on my lids, and other times I highlight my eyes using just one color. This eye shadow brings a much-needed pop to my makeup bag.

I love to highlight my lips, and using gloss is the easiest way to incorporate color into my makeup routine. M.A.C.’s Dare to Wear Lipglass comes in easy to apply shades and are a fun break from heavy lipsticks or standard balm.

I’m naturally pale, but in the summer I get just a shade or two darker. Dior’s Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush gives me a natural, sweet touch of color. The slight rose scent makes this product even sweeter. 

I certainly don’t stop at my face when it comes to trying out new shades. Sephora by O.P.I.’s Neon Lights set features a topcoat along with five new bold colors for hands and feet.

What makeup products are you dipping into this season?

image via