Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Real Battle Lies Within Ourselves


I’m up up in the air flying to Tokyo as I’m writing this. I feel a sense of gratitude, happiness and contentment. I just turned 29 and the couple days was spent with the people I love most. I pre-partied in Hong Kong, had lunch with the ladies, a staycation with my man and now we’re traveling to Tokyo, the city I’ve been wanting to visit.

As I count my blessings and look through the days ahead, I realise that though there will always be people that brings light to our lives, the real battle lies within ourselves. How can you feel contented yet still move forward? How can you control your emotions without compromising how you feel? How can you feel okay with not knowing what to do and spend the rest of your life not knowing it? These are just some questions I have yet to answer and perhaps someday I will have for them.