Sunday, March 24, 2013

Forget How Much It Hurts and Try Again






Haven't we all been there? That feeling of being so vulnerable that you can't help yourself but just burst into tears because you can longer hold your emotions. Those were the times that I've almost given up and told myself that when I encounter this again, I will set myself back and not fall into the same trap. At least that's what I thought.

Last year, I met someone. Someone who I've randomly come across with. I didn't know him then so even though he was showing interest in me, I kept pushing him away. You see I've created this barrier to protect myself because I don't want to get hurt again. But somehow no matter what I do, he is still there constantly proving himself that he was different, that I should give him a chance and that I should allow myself to be happy again.

Looking back I wondered how things will be like if I had done things otherwise. Surely I wouldn't be as happy as I am now. From then on, I realize that life will just surprise you when you least expected it. You just have to let go, forget how much it hurts and try again. Because you'll never know what you could be missing and you'll never know if that's the happiness you have so long been waiting for.

image via