Monday, February 25, 2013

Do It With Passion or Not At All




I'm not going to lie. There are many times where I felt so intimidated in the world of advertising, simply because you have to know so much in order to be credible. It's an industry that excites me next to fashion yet after almost four years, I knew I still have a lot to learn.

I thought about moving to a different industry, perhaps to the client side or pursue my interest in fashion journalism. But something still dawn on me, I still love what I do. And though there are several times where my interest in this has fall off short, I reminded myself of why I fell in love with it in the first place. 

Sometimes because of the challenges we encounter, we find that it's easier to just give up and pursue something else. But before you do, ask yourself. Is that what you really want? Will you be happier? Because let's face it, wherever you are, whatever career you decide to pursue, you'd still encounter challenges. You can't escape from that and you can't just give up all the time.

It takes a lot of passion to continuously do what you love to do yet at the same time, it must strong enough that you'll take it upon yourself to learn more about it. Progress will then take place and you'll see yourself succeed. 

"Most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs


image via