Monday, January 30, 2012

Running for Beginners

I've been trying to convince myself to do some exercise for quite sometime now. But it's only recently that I got myself to finally do it. Actually, I was doing pilates and yoga before but I just stopped.

Since it's the new year and things aren't exactly going my way, I thought why not do something to make me look good and feel good. In short, I want to be thin. And if there is one thing I want to achieve this year that's just it. I'm not overweight or anything but I know I could look better.

Here in Singapore, everyone does it. It's like a culture thing. Everyone wants to get fit, look good and just look drop dead gorgeous. The amount of money they spend on gym memberships and pilates/yoga classes are out of this world. But hey, who said you need to spend all that buck for something you can do at home. So 2 days ago, I settled for running, outdoor.

Morning runs are the best as it burns stored fat rather than the food inside our tummy. I've been reading a lot about it and since I'm a newbie in this, I found this site to be very helpful. It has all the information you need on how to start running. I just think that everyone must engage themselves in some sort of activity no matter how young or old they are.

Some people just find it hard to be motivated. I've been there but after reading this quote, it just changed me.

"Discipline is doing what you know needs to be done.
Even if you don't want to do it." - Anonymous

I wanted to be a lady with discipline. That I'm not lazy, that I can do anything that I set my mind into. That motivates me aside from the desire to look good of course. So I suggest you find something that motivates you. Something that would keep you going not just for a week, but for your entire life. Remember, we need to make it our lifestyle. So do it with me! We can make it and after 2012 we can all be proud and say "2012 is the year I got thin"


image via