Sunday, February 05, 2012

Valentines Day : Red Dress for Any Age

Red Dress
Backless cross detail dress, Gold bangle, Alice Olivia red carpet dress,Gold necklace,
Alexon red dress, Green onyx ring

During my teenage years, my mom would always tell me to wear bright colours because when I grow older it's harder to pull it off. She might be half right but that doesn't mean you can't wear a red dress in your forties. In fact, I applaud women who wear such and still look fabulous. The trick here is to choose the right cut, fabric and tone of red that would best suit your age.

Since Valentine's day is almost here, I thought it's appropriate to share my tips in choosing the perfect red dress.

In your 20's
  • Be adventurous with different cuts. You can always go away with it.
  • Avoid silk fabrics as it makes you look older.
  • Play around with different tones of red.
In your 30's
  • Choose a cut that flatters your figure.
  • Make sure it's not too short or too long.
  • Don't stick with just a solid red dress. Find something that has a mix of muted colour on it like blacks or whites.
In your 40's
  • Choose a darker tone of red.
  • Clean cut is always a good choice.
  • Choose a dress with a subtle detail like a side drape or pleats.
I hope you learn a thing or two here. Remember, choose a dress that will father your figure and wear it with confidence. Nothing is more distracting than a girl keeps adjusting her dress either because it's too short or shows the budge of her tummy. Make sure you wear something that's comfortable and just enjoy the night away.