Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Explore What You Can and Cannot Do


I've thought about enrolling in an art course over the weekend and part of me is still indecisive about it. Mainly because it takes a year to complete it and knowing me I tend to stop half way. It won't be the first time I enrolled in a creative class though. Back in 2016, I took up a 6 week course in Creative Writing and I was surprise by how well I did. I mean I don't know how those words came out of me but it just did. Then again we're talking about a whole year here, not 6 weeks. Big commitment I know.

But can I just share this? Painting, drawing, colouring are some of the mediums I explored as a kid and I enjoyed doing it. I had sketch pads, drew still life and thought perhaps I have the skill. I just stop because either I wasn't into it that much or didn't think I have the talent. Nonetheless, as I grew older writing was the only thing that I kept doing and I have blogger to thank for that. But art? not so much.

Then again what's wrong in exploring and learning things that you are interested and later find out that it's not really your thing? At least you tried right? I mean how else can we know if we don't try?  I know it sounds like I'm trying to convince myself and perhaps I do. I mean I want to study yoga and even fashion design just to see which one I like best.  Needless to say I'll be one of those people who is a jack of all trades and a master of none. Maybe after all this I can just choose one and be a master of it no?