Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Amsterdam and Berlin 2017


I wasn't expecting to go to Europe in 2017 but I did and it was an amazing experience. Amsterdam is one of those cities that after watching The Fault In Our Stars, I was in love and note to myself that I would visit it one day. Berlin was unexpected. I didn't know much about it aside from it's rich history. But as to how it changes overtime, how they rise from their dark past and how it evolve into what it is today; soulful underground, a place for free-spirited, creatives, musicians, artist was something I knew little off.

I had an amazing time during my trip. It was tiring but it was an experience I'll never forget. Here are some of my highlights.

  • Went to see the windmills in Zaanse Schans
  • Visited my first Christmas market in Den Haag 
  • Tasted lots of local cheeses in Amsterdam. My favourite is the sheep cheese and old Amsterdam. 
  • Went to Brussels and tasted the most amazing waffles (Yellow van).
  • Went to the Klunkerkranich, a rooftop bar in Neukolln Berlin
  • Tasted the original currywurst at Konnopkes Imbiss