Monday, May 29, 2017

Nothing Is Left Between Us


I feel like I've gotten my closure if that's how I should call it. Life has its way isn't it. I didn't realise you'd be at the party until the night before. You were surprise to see me but I was expecting it anyway. I didn't know if you'd come and talk to me but you did and you've cleared the air after months of lost communication.

Nothing is left between us and someone out there is waiting for me to give him a chance. I was holding myself back not because of you but because I wasn't sure if I was willing to put up with things that could hurt me again. But after that night I realise I owe it to myself; to be happy in the arms of someone who wants to be with me. So I guess this is my farewell to you. I was caught in your shadows during times of darkness and I was swoon by it all; the hopes, uncertainties, the what ifs and what could have been. I walked with you in hopes I'd see the sun rise again, alas there was none. Then someone came to save me instead.