Saturday, December 31, 2016

Top 5 Books of 2016



It's that time of the year again! This year I've read a total of 18 books same as how I did back in 2015.  No shame on that because clearly it wasn't my top priority nonetheless I've read some pretty awesome books. If you want to know my top 5 books of 2015 and top 10 of 2014 you can check it out over on that link.

This year I'm ranking them in order, 1 being my most favourite. So which books made the cut?

1. Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (OMG this book is just my FAVOURITE. I love the characters so much that I can't believe it's a stand alone. I can't wait for her next book to come out which is The Upside of Unrequited due on April 2017.)

2. The Plant-Based Journey by Lani Muelrath (This books has helped me A LOT. She doesn't only give you information why we should eat a plant based diet but also she maps out how you can incorporate it into your life, from prepping at home to eating out to strengthening your mind to overcome challenges as you begin your transition, this book is just a gem)

3. November 9 by Colleen Hoover (There's definitely an unexpected twist but if you've read Colleen Hoover's books for awhile you know that's her writing style. Luckily for me I don't read much of her works so it was a good surprise.)

4. This Modern Love by Will Darbyshire (This book reminds me that there's love in the world despite heartbreaks and false anticipation that we tend to have when we're beginning to love someone.)

5.  Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas  (It took me a while to finish this book but what makes it interesting is the love triangle between the characters.)

And oh! How well did I did on my 2016 reading challenge? I read 14 books out of 40! LOL barely half but it was a good challenge!