Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Top 10 Books of 2014



Last year I read a total of 28 books, more than double than I did last 2013. So I was very proud of myself. Initially I was planning on reading 50 books but then I couldn't keep up, so this is the number I end up with. 

It was also in 2014 that I discovered YA books thanks to the Mortal Instruments movie. I literally marathon the books after watching the film. Though everyone wasn't pleased with the movie adaptation, well I can't really give my two cents on that because I never read the first book in the first place. Nonetheless, I discovered the world of fantasy which I'm now obsessed with. So without further ado, here are my top 10 books of 2014 in no particular order.

  1. Daughter of Smoke and Bones - Laini Taylor
  2. The Paris Wife - Paula Mclain
  3. Cinder - Marissa Meyer
  4. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour  - Morgan Matson 
  5. The Rosie Project - Don Tillman
  6. The Paris Letters - Janice Macleod
  7. City of Heavenly Fire - Cassandra Clare
  8. Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare 
  9. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
  10. Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell