Monday, January 14, 2013

Beach Getaway



The greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar is taken for granted - Bill Bryson

After a much needed vacation, I'm finally back. I was away for about two weeks and had an amazing time going around the city and trying new places to eat. Nothing much have changed since the last time I visited but nonetheless, it felt good to be back home and be able spend some quality time with my friends and family.

During my vacation, me and my friends went for a long getaway in Boracay, a beach down south of Philippines. It was my first time there and the place was absolutely gorgeous. The painstaking ride of going there was well worth it. The foods are amazing and the hotel we stayed in was just enough for me to even consider a staycation; big room, breakfast in bed and a full on floor to ceiling window. I couldn't ask for anything better. But what's all the fun without soaking up the sun, strolling by the beach, getting a full body massage and drinking lots of mojito. I must say, I had the most relaxing time ever.

Now as I sip my coffee writing this and chill house music playing at the background, I'm thinking where will my next getaway be; Paris, New York or Milan perhaps? There's so many places to visit and while my mind is wondering around where to head next, you may want to start your year with a beach getaway as well along with my essentials here.