Monday, November 12, 2012

When someone decides to move on


"Do you know what happens when someone lets go of your hand? You get it back. It's a good thing... It means you have time... not to wash the dishes. To do something with it, to get out there, to take it to the next level... you got to get out there. Do something and don't look back." - Grey's Anatomy

We've all been there; someone decides they want to move on and we find ourselves frightened. Frightened because of the sudden change we are not accustomed to and the schedule you keep is no longer dictated by someone else. And while it can be difficult, we need to find the strength and look at what we are gaining instead of what is lacking.

There are many things in life we can't control. In this case, we can't control someone to feel the same way as we do and we can't force them to stay if they don't want to. I'm sure you all heard the saying, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." Try to keep that to heart and remind yourself of that whenever you dwell on all the good times you once shared with someone you love.


Even now as I'm writing this, I can't help but look back on those instances that I was happy with someone that decided to move on. It's not a bad thing, in fact it reminded me a lesson I should have learned a long time ago; to not give myself completely. 

I learned it the hard way but now I try to look at it as an opportunity to grow myself, develop my strengths and seek out new experiences. And I encourage you to do the same thing. "Because while you're going about your business, chasing your dreams, you'll be surprised who life has in stored for you to have the opportunity to meet." - Shanon Ables.


image via