Monday, November 19, 2012

How To Take Care of Yourself More


After two weeks of depression, with that means I've been mindlessly eating and practically blowing up everything that I can think of, I'm back to my sanity. I realized I have to stop before it goes out of proportion. Suddenly I was reminded that I'm going to the beach in exactly 6 weeks and I can't be going around eating carbs all day. We know that's a major sin and I'm back to eating canned tuna while writing this.

So over the weekend I decided to eat better, get my first gelish manicure, work on a new project and that Starbucks is my second home. It kept me sane for the most part and I realize I need to treat myself with care, whether it be a luxurious day in a spa or just doing things I'm passionate about.

We can't rely on other people to take care of us can we? For the most part, we need to be independent and value ourselves. Here are some things I've been trying to do that you do as well.

1. Eat healthy - Eat a mix of protein, fruits and vegetables. Everything in moderation.

2. Work out - Run or do yoga or pilates. Anything that would get you moving.

3. Listen to feel good music - I personally love a good sexy R&B song. 

4. Do things you're passionate about - Blogging keeps me sane, sometimes.


5. Read more - Been reading a lot of chick novels lately. I'm currently reading Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

6. Pamper yourself - Spend a day in a spa or just get your manicure done. 


image via