Thursday, December 28, 2017

Top 5 Books of 2017


This year I'm proud to say that I have read 28 books. Whoohoo! In the past 2 years I've only read 18 books and I think reading graphic novels and poetry help up my number. You can see all the books I've read in Goodreads here.  So what made it to my top 5 of 2017? Here are the books in order.

1. Turtles All The Way Down by John Green (Damn this book gives me all the feels and it's hands down my top book of 2017)

2. Naked Human by Christopher Poindexter (His works just speaks to me so much that at one point I want to get a tattoo of his work.)

3. Note To Self by Connor Franta (This book is very relatable and I like that it's a mixture of photographs, poetry and essays.)

4. Love and Gelato by Jenna Evan Welch  (I wasn't expecting to love this book as much but I did and it makes me want to visit Florence and Tuscany after reading it.)

5. The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon (The plot is everything and I remember enjoying the characters and the twist and turn of the events.)

Runner Ups:
1. The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas (It's the first book of it's kind that I've read it speaks volume about racism, politics and violence)

2. Little Black Book by Otegha Uwagba (A very useful and informative book for any working women)

If you want to read about my past top books here are the links. 2016  - Goodreads , 2015 - Goodreads, 2014 - Goodreads.