Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green



I finished reading this book in just two weeks. And that's rare for me as I usually finish a book in a month. But this novel is so simple and easy to read that I fly through the pages faster than expected. Though it's not my favorite novel, I must say the author did well on it. Here are some of my favorite lines from the book.
  • That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt.
  • I fell in love the way you sleep; slowly then all at once.
  • Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.
  • The marks that human leave are too often scars.
  • Because you are beautiful. I enjoy looking at beautiful people. And I decide awhile ago not to deny myself the simple pleasures of existence. 
  • You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.
  • Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them," I said. "Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway."
  • Books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.

image via