Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Stress Free Soak


Stress Free Soak


J Crew Vintage Short Sleep Pajama Set / Diptyque Freesia / Diptyque Rose Duet / Diptyque Baies  / Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey Bath Oil /  Jo Malone Red Rose Bath Oil / Philosophy Field of Flowers Water Lily Shower Gel 


Sylvia Plath once said, “There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them.” I would have to agree. I can’t think of anything more relaxing than drawing a hot bubble bath. Showers are quick and easy, but a bath should never be rushed.

I've found that the right combination of bath products and a peaceful environment are the secret to enjoying the experience. Silence your cell phone, turn off the TV and prepare to pamper yourself.

Dim lighting is key after I spend the day under fluorescent lights. Diptyque candles are the best out there and the floral scents will transform any bathroom into a flower garden within minutes. Philosophy makes the most luxurious bubble baths and the scents are never overpowering. Just a capful or two poured into warm water will create mountains of bubbles and leave my skin feeling like silk.

My ultimate bath time secret is adding just a few drops of olive oil to the tub while the water is running. The next day my elbows and knees are incredibly soft and hydrated. After I’m done soaking I dry off and apply moisturizer while my skin is still damp. Body oil feels heavenly after a bath and I’m in love with Jo Malone’s line of body oils. I use just a few drops and my skin feels healthier and has a sexy, dewy glow. 

After my bath it’s time to get dressed for bed. Menswearinspired pajamas are comfortable and chic—the last thing I want to do is put on something tattered or unflattering after treating myself so well!

I try to set aside time once a week for a bath. I always wake up the next day with a clearer head and softer skin.

What beauty treatments do you use to unwind?


Written by Julia Kristin Summers