Monday, December 10, 2012

Build the Kind of Life You Wanted




As I think through my aspirations in life, I realize that I wanted so much of the good things; to travel to New York, London, Paris and Milan, to have a fabulous wardrobe full of designer clothes and shoes, to stay in an apartment that has chandeliers and a pink couch, to be a fashion editor of a reputable magazine, to fill my social calendar with parties and fancy galas and of course, to have my own family and kids that I love and adore. The mere thought of traveling and having that dream job sometimes bring me to tears. I want it that much.

So over the weekend while I was working on an article for a fashion magazine it just hits me; this is the kind of life I wanted. This is what I want to be doing, to write about fashion and work in fashion. I want to hone my skills so one day I can become a fashion editor, get invites to fashion week and fill my closet with amazing clothes and shoes that I've always dreamed of. 

I’m sure a lot of you dream of the same things, so I encourage you to start doing something now and building the kind of life you wanted. Be clear with what you want and slowly build your life around it. No one will help you but yourself. No one can dream for you. No one will take the initiative to do it for you. It has to be you. So go on and get started. You’ll never know where life may take you. Just have faith and keep moving forward.


image via