Monday, September 24, 2012

Be The Girl That Everyone Wants To Be

I don't know about you but I admire girls that are so high up their alley. Like they always look good and are in the know about everything. They are go-getters and are living the life they wanted.


I aspire to be that girl but I guess I set my standards too high that it has become a challenge. Like for me thin is weighing less than a 100 pounds, a successful career is being a director of a fashion brand, a luxurious life is living in a posh east side condominium (hopefully next year) with a closet filled with beautiful designer clothes and shoes. I want all that and more. It may sound so ambitious or materialistic but don't we all have that somewhere inside of us? Like we'd totally sing Fergie's g-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s song for all we care. It's the high life and I admit I want that.

I'm slowly working on it; doing all kinds of diets, incorporating workouts into my lifestyle, investing on quality pieces - my first Ferragamo flats and some other designer bags that I own and treasure - and trips (london is love), reading my daily dose of advertising and fashion news before going to work, indulging in fine cuisines - French is my absolute favorite, and for someone to tell me "You're 24 and fabulous" only means I must be doing something right. What I'm trying to say here is stop dreaming and start doing. If you want to jetset ala Paris Hilton, go! If you want to look like Victoria Beckham then please do so. Because nothing is more fulfilling that being able to be the person you've always wanted to be. Besides we only have one life so make the best of it.

 For what it's worth, it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. - Benjamin Button