Sunday, June 10, 2012

In The Spotlight: P.S It's Vida

Most of us tend to forget how natural beauty can work wonders for our skin (and how pretty we actually look with less makeup on). Now that it's summer, it's time we embrace it and what a better way to learn a thing or two about it other than Vida of P.S It's Vida. 

She is your girl next door girl friend that has a flare for fashion and a love for easy and wearable makeup. Nudes, pinks and corals are definitely on her list. Let's learn more about her.




What is your ideal summer makeup look?
Something light on the skin like a tinted moisturizer or BB cream, some bronzer, a bright coral or pink blush, tons of highlighter, a flick of gel eyeliner, mascara, and a juicy light pink or peach lip.

What is one beauty product you can’t live without?
I couldn’t live without a nude lipstick. I never really liked my natural lip color and I just love the way a nude lip just pulls together any look. I could wear a nude lip day or night. A few of my favorites are MAC viva glam gaga II, NYX circe, and MAC hue.

Are you an eyeshadow or lipstick kind of girl?
Seeing as I just said I couldn’t live without nude lipstick, I am definitely a lipstick girl. I love being able to create different looks with different lip colors. And I never really feel like my look is complete without lipstick on. 

What’s your favourite:
          Foundation
- NARS Sheer glow
          Eyeshadow
- MAC Club
          Lipstick
- MAC Hue
          Blush
- Illamasqua Katie
          Nailpolish
- At the moment it is OPI pandemonium pink

What does your daily skincare routine comprise of?
In the daytime I wash my face with Cetaphil for normal to oily skin on my clarisonic. Then I moisturize with Clinique dramatically different gel. And I use Neutrogena ultra sheer liquid daily sunblock spf 70. At night time I take my makeup off with baby oil on a cotton pad. Then I wash my face again with Cetaphil and my clarisonic. Then I will use La Roche posay effaclar duo on my T zone to keep blackheads and oil under control (this stuff is amazing!) Then I will moisturize with something a little heavier – right now I’m using La Roche Posay nutritic emulsion 2.5%. I also use Mario Badescu’s hyaluronic eye cream. Finally, I will pop some Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream on my lips right before I go to sleep.

What beauty rules did you learn that you still practice today?
I’m not sure I really practice any beauty rules; I kind of just do whatever I think looks good.

If I were to look in your vanity, what are the top 3 beauty brands that I would find?
MAC, NARS, Wet n’ Wild

If you only have 3 beauty items to bring on an island what would that be and why?
Eyeliner – because I have small eyes and it makes such a big difference when they are nicely defined. Blush – I love playing around with different blush colors and I love how blush can easily define your cheeks. Lipstick – because I feel naked without it. 


image by PS It's Vida