Thursday, July 20, 2017

I Don't Have To Look At The Big Picture Now


My mind has been all over the place lately and it still is as of this morning. But as I'm writing this, I told myself to take a step back, pause for a moment and breathe. What making me feel miserable? What do I want to achieve and how do I achieve it?

Before I begin I realize the pen and paper I have on hand, jotting down my usual to do list is what's causing it. I'm crunching time, doing everything I wanted to do in the few hours I have in a day, not knowing if it's the right one is making me head go ballistic. Because I began to question myself. Is this the right way of doing it? Should I be doing this instead of that?

I was so caught up with the steps to get to my goal that I forgot the very essence of why I'm doing this in the first place. Why do I wake up at 4 am everyday to workout? Because I want to feel good in my own skin. Why am I spending so much time on this new project? Because I want to change how people think about consumerism.

I realize I have to live each day with an intention and purpose and that I don't have to look at the big picture now because that exist in the future. What I have in my head may not exactly be it. It's just an idea of what I hope to achieve but that's about it.