Sunday, December 22, 2013

When In Paris




This has been a long awaited post. I haven't really got the time to write this one down lately because life happens and I have some catching up to do. But now that I have managed that, I thought I'd share with you my thoughts on one of the most beautiful city in the world, Paris. 

Paris is definitely what it is from books, movies and photos. It is beautiful and I can't say that enough. From the moment I landed to the moment I start wondering around the streets, I knew this city was special. And I'm not going to lie, I was a bit scared. Not because of the city but because I had to experience a lot of new things on my own. I had my first quick 1 hour layover in Doha, first time to wonder around the streets and figuring out the directions on my own for a full day and I'm so scared of pickpockets because they are so rampant in Europe. Imagine getting lost and having to worry about some pickpockets, that's making me scared x 10. But thankfully, I did manage. I got lost here and there but some people are willing to help out. I end up taking the train 5 times that day, I was that bad in directions. 

But you know what they say, you learn a lot from traveling. So I took the time to sit down, absorb and  and reflect as to what the city is trying to teach me. Paris has thought me to appreciate the simple and  the finer things in life. From hardly wearing any makeup to wearing the most luxurious scents and lingerie. It's those small things but they do make a difference on how you look and feel. 

Most importantly Paris has thought me this; It's okey to be scared. It's okey to wonder and get lost because in the end you will find your way and there will be people who are kind enough to help you out.

I guess unless you experience it on your own, none of this will make sense but I was thankful to have this experience even though it seems scary at first.