Friday, September 09, 2011

{Special Feature} Michelle of Une-Deux Senses

When it comes to all things food, fashion, music and other little lovelies, Michelle's blog is my go to site. I like the way she blends these together in way that looks appealing and tasteful. Her photography skills are amazing. It just makes everything look chic and beautiful.

I'm delighted to have the chance to interview Michelle about her fashion and style. I'm sure most of you are curious as well. Enjoy!




1. Have you always had a fondness for fashion? What compelled you to begin blogging?
I'd like to say yes because I've always loved clothes, but my 'fashion' in my teens was a far cry from style. Ever since high school though I developed a love for unique pieces and high fashion. The reason I began to blog was just to have an outlet for all of my loves (food, fashion, music, etc.). It was a small project that I thought I'd be the only one reading… and it has taken off from there.

2. How would you describe your style?
I've thought about this before and the only description I can come up to describe my style is urban chic. I really love black and tailored, simple pieces but I like to venture out with vintage-y, military and uber chic things as well.

3. What is your go-to item for an instant boost of confidence?
My go to item is my black skinny jeans.They always have a way of slimming me and making me look taller. If I want to go all out - I add on a pair of comfortable heels because heels always boost confidence, but if they're not comfortable, that confidence is squat.

4. What stores do you frequent?
Forever 21, it's an addiction - I almost go once a week. I wish I had the money to buy the things I feature on my website but Forever 21 is where I can find cheap and trendy pieces. If I feel like splurging, I love J.Crew, Asos and Need Supply.

5.Do you have any tips for staying chic while traveling?
Don't compromise your style! Whenever I travel, I pack tons of jewelry and accessories. You don't have to be blah just because you don't have your entire closet with you. Choose pieces that you know will always work aka closet standards and accessorize!

6. What are your makeup bag essentials?
My makeup bag grows and grows because of my affinity for products, but things I currently love are:
Complex 15 Face Lotion - not too oily or heavy
Loreal Million Lashes Mascara, Waterproof - makes 'em long without clumping
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy - lasts all day, perfect summery color!
Make Up For Ever Eyebrow Corrector Gel - waterproof, lasts all day for thin brows
Jemma Kidd I-Tech Liquid Eyeliner - seriously, budge proof. my fave for winged eyes



image by une-deux senses