Friday, May 24, 2013

Drugstore Beauty Finds Part 1

Drugstore Beauty Finds

This week I will wrap up my favorite drugstore beauty finds, focusing on products that are perfect for summertime. Many of the products I use in the winter don’t work as well when the temperature rises. As much as I love warm weather, I often suffer from shiny skin, frizzy hair and body acne.

Body breakouts are a bummer. Skimpy tops demand flawless skin and a breakout on my back or chest instantly makes me want to cover up. Neutrogena Body Clean Body Wash keeps my skin clear year round and has a refreshing grapefruit scent.

When summertime approaches, I ditch my body butters for a lighter moisturizer. Suave Body Lotion in Everlasting Sunshine has a light, pear fragrance and just enough hydration to leave my skin baby soft.

Most acne cleansers are too harsh on my sensitive skin and have a strong, medicinal scent. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness SoothingFacial Cleanser takes makeup off, controls shine and the chamomile soothes my skin.

As much as I would love to let my hair dry naturally in the summer, I often find myself even more of a slave to my curling iron, straightener and blow dryer. TRESemme Platinum Strength Strengthening HeatProtect Spray is a must for  my hair before using heat. Just a few spritzes on damp hair before blow-drying protects my locks from split ends and breakage. The product has a very light scent and doesn’t weigh my hair down or leave it greasy.

What are your go-to beauty items in the summer?

Written by Julia Kristin Summers