Thursday, October 06, 2011

{Style File} Annie of Makeup and Jeans

For this edition of Style File, I'm proud to feature a good friend of mine, Annie of Makeup and Jeans! One thing that I like most about her style is that she is not afraid to take risk. She knows how to mix outfits that would look sassy and stylish.



Have you always had a fondness for fashion? What compelled you to begin blogging?
Ever since I was a little girl I have enjoyed fashion. I was always known for the bright colors I would wear, and the funky combinations, often things one may not consider fashionable. I started blogging simply to share as I was becoming a new mother. I also wanted to share tips on makeup and beauty, since people I know in my community have said that I should "give fashion classes' etc. I did not even know that fashion blogging existed when I started my blog. However, once I found the community and found many supporters I fell in love.

How would you describe your style?
Girly (bleh) trendy, sometimes dark, and both bold and relaxed, just depends on the day. I like a lot of tailored pieces especially when it comes to dresses.

What is your go-to item for an instant boost of confidence?
Skinny Jeans, heels, and a bright lipstick.This answer has been the same for years.

What stores do you frequent?
When I go shopping, which isn't often, I like designer discount stores like TJMaxx. Thrift stores are fun, and consignment shops (I always feel better when I shop secondhand). Craft stores are always inspiring, I love Joann's. The mall is fun, and I go to every boutique and store. Not even kidding. I often find things I like at JCPenny's, and AE has good T's. I don't like to limit myself to one brand or style. My favorite store is Victoria Secret. I have never bought anything there i didn't like!

Do you have any tips for staying chic while traveling?
I'm weird when I travel, I pack too much and pluck my eyebrows, do my nails, and makeup while riding in the car. (We normally travel by car.) But I suggest looking up the weather first and then packing at least one swimsuit and one sweater. I also pack workout clothes no matter how short the trip is, since sometime you can be inspired to workout outside if it is a new view. But definitely pack comfortable and a couple "dressed up" items, even if that means just tossing in a pair of heels or a nice blouse.

What are you makeup bag essentials?
My essentials are probably excessive, but I bring Liquid and powder foundation, concealer, blush, tweezers, eyeshadow, bronzer, lipstick, lipgloss, lip liner, mascara, eyeliner, brushes, lipstick. The important thing is to not leave it in the car if it is too hot.


images by makeup and jeans